Awards and Recognition
- In September 2014, Gabrielle Kurlander (President & CEO) was honored with the Leader in Non-Profit Volunteering award at the Volunteer Referral Center's annual gala benefit.
- In December 2013, Dr. Elouise Joseph (Program Director, All Stars Project of the San Francisco Bay Area) received the Jefferson Award for Public Service for her work with poor youth.
- In May 2012, Gloria Strickland was presented with a Distinguished Leader Award in Service at Rutgers University's Graduate School of Education Convocation.
- In July 2009, ASP's Development School for Youth (DSY), was one of only seven programs across the country selected this year as a "Promising Practice in Afterschool" by the Academy for Educational Development's Center for Youth Development.
- In November 2008, Gloria Strickland was honored at the New Jersey Minority Achievers Recognition dinner.
- In 2005, Veronica Osorio, a youth leader and
volunteer with the All Stars Project New Jersey and Danita Branam, an
adult volunteer with the All Stars' Development School for Youth in New
York City, were each honored by the Points of Light Foundation with Daily Points of Light Awards.
- In June 2003, The Institute for Urban and Minority Education (Teacher's College, Columbia University) published a study on the All Stars Talent Show Network (ASTSN) and the Joseph A. Forgione Development School for Youth
(DSY). The study concluded that both programs represent "exemplary"
supplementary education efforts that exceed national standards for
after school programs set forth by the Carnegie Corporation.
- In 2002, Daily Points of Light Award, presented to Nichelle "Brown Eyes" Brown, by President George Bush Sr.
- In 2002 Pacesetter After School Program Leadership Award (finalist) presented to Antoine Joyce, Assistant National Producer All Stars Talent Show.
- In 2001, Peter F. Drucker Foundation Innovation of the Week Award for the All Stars Project's Joseph A. Forgione Development School for Youth.
- In 2001, New York City's Mayor's Voluntary Service Award presented to All Stars Project youth leader Nichelle "Browneyes" Brown. (Silver Apple)
- In 2001, The April 2001 New York City/United Nations International Year of the Volunteer Award, presented to All Stars Project Board Chair, Susan Massad, MD.
- In 2000, All Stars Project receives national Daily Points of Light Award.
- In 2000, New York City's Mayor's Voluntary Service Award presented to the All Stars Project Inc. in recognition of its volunteer fundraising operation. (Bronze Apple)
- In 2000, New York City's Mayor's Voluntary Service Award presented to Michael Caracappa for his volunteer work with the All Stars Project and two other organizations. (Silver Apple)
- In 2000, All Stars Project receives the Mutual of New York (MONY) Award as the "Best Volunteer Site for Working People" (First place) $5,000 cash award.