Graduate and Undergraduate Internships
Internship applications for graduate and undergraduate students are accepted on a rolling basis. The time commitment and duration of each internship is flexible and is based on the needs of the intern and the All Stars Project (ASP) programs.
Internships are available year-round in:
- Arts Management
- Business, Finance, Database Management
- Community Organizing
- Development, Fundraising
- Marketing, Public Relations, Sales
- Program Management (Youth Programs, Volunteer Programs)
- Theatre Design (Set, Costume)
- Theatre Production and Tech
Internship Department Descriptions (Partial List)
- Office of the President: The Office of the President is currently recruiting interns who are studying business or non-profit management. Strong organizational and computer skills along with verbal and writing skills are sought along with the ability to work with varied constituencies. [Gabrielle L. Kurlander has served as president and chief executive officer of the All Stars Project, Inc. since 1990. During Ms. Kurlander's tenure, the ASP's annual budget has grown from $200,000 to $7 million, entirely from private funding sources. Today, the ASP serves as a new national model for inner-city youth development, operating in New York City, Newark, Chicago and the San Francisco Bay Area and inspiring programs in several other US cities and throughout the world.]
- Castillo Theatre: The Castillo Theatre is currently recruiting interns to work in various areas of our experimental theatre that deals with contemporary and historical social issues. A long-time center of performance activism, the Castillo Theatre includes people of all ages and backgrounds and showcases the work of playwrights from Germany and Martinique as well as Bed-Stuy and the Bronx. Internships are available in tech - sounds, lights, video, production assistant, costumes, stage management and theatre/arts management. Internships will be designed on an individual basis.
- Volunteer Program Management: This department is currently recruiting interns to work on all aspects of volunteer program management -- recruitment, training, supervision, retention, recognition and new program design. Interns need strong personal and verbal skills and the ability to work well with diverse communities.
- Marketing, Sales and Public Relations: This department is seeking interns for its sales, marketing and public relations/media activities. Strong research and communications skills are needed along with an interest in an innovative sales and marketing approach.
NOTE: All interns will have the opportunity to connect with All Stars Project programs and events and participate in other areas of work based on interest and need.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to the All Stars Project mission and goals;
- Some knowledge, practical or academic, of the area in which they apply to work;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills;
- The ability to complete all tasks in a careful, timely manner;
- Experience working in an office, coupled with an ability to undertake multiple tasks, sometimes under time pressure;
- The ability to work well in teams, and a desire to work in a professional environment;
- The ability to work at least 10 hours per week.
Internships are unpaid, but may be done for school credit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or CV indicating your area of interest to email@example.com.